Bobbi Ballas – CEO, Global Business and Career Development (Global BCD)
Bobbi comes from a strong background in business development, workforce management and individual career planning and combines these skills to specialise in employment and business strategies with a strong entrepreneurial focus.
She has extensive experience in small business development in both the private sector and at the government level. Her range of skills include, business establishment; business analysis and performance evaluation; business marketing and promotion; and in forging linkages from individuals, communities and business to associated partners, agencies and government programs.
With the knowledge and lessons learned from her business and community experience she realised that skills shortages were a significant block to development in a range of enterprising capacities. To better assist her clients she worked with the NSW Department of Education and Communities in an industry advisory role within vocational education and training areas. Outcomes in this role included:
- The development and implementation of the NSW Retrenched Workers Program
- An employment brokerage program to support individuals and towns dealing with fly-in fly-out issues
- The NSW Regional Training and Employment Scheme assisting long-term unemployed and pathway programs for school leavers.
Southern Cross University, Graduate Certificate in Recruitment, Placement & Career Development, January 2012
Australian Institute of Management, Sydney, Graduate Certificate in Management Competence, 2004
Monash University, Graduate Diploma in Marketing, 1998
University of Queensland, Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Government, 1983
- Economic Development Australia
- Career Industry Council of Australia, Professional member
- Career Development Association of Australia, Professional member
- Inducted into Australian Business Women’s Hall of Fame – 2000
- Awarded the GIO national Innovative Service Award for creative use of the Internet – 2000
- Listed in Business Review Weekly’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Businesses in 1997, 1998 1999
- Telstra and Australian Government Small Business of the Year in under 10 employee category, 1996